Magma Services seeks to expand its software development teams and is looking for outstanding Software Developers, Solution Architects, Data Scientists, Infrastructure Managers for its portfolio companies and partner network. Magma Services will involve Software Developers with startups, investment funds, and companies that contract media or development services.
Magma Dev is looking for a Backend Developer with hands on experience in Node.js development to be among the first members of a team for a full-time opportunity at our HQ in Santiago, Chile. We seek a professional looking for a technical challenge and motivated by hard work with high-scale technologies.
Your primary focus will be the management, development, improvement and scaling FinTech and Blockchain related projects, among others. Involving not only back-end programming, but also working on the backend, infrastructure and databases that make up the system. You will report directly to the CTO.
Develops the platforms roadmap
● Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code for the multiple services composing our platform and those to come.
● Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, secure and performant components for an ever-growing system.
● Management, optimization and automation of all the infrastructure parts involved in the system (Clusters of servers, DBs, queues, logs, etc.)
● Working with large amount of data serving the reporting, monitoring, AI and more.
● Participate as a member of the development team to effectively collaborate in developing the organization’s needs as they relates to software development, office networks and computers, and any other IT solutions necessary to meet business goals.
● Collaborate effectively with external and internal stakeholders to advance the companies' positioning and market share.
● Past experience backend programming a must (Node.js, Ruby, Python).
● Experience working with Node.js strong plus.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Knowledge of SQL and how RDBMS and NRDBMS work (MongoDB a plus).
● Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
● Need to have Chilean Working Visa (with RUT ready) or Chilean Citizenship
● Desire and ability to learn new things, leave the comfort zone and solve the problems at hand
● MS or higher preferred; BS required. Minimum 3 years experience in related technical role required with experience in technology, software, and/or application technology for consumer-facing services, digital marketing industry experience a plus
● Passion for using technology to deliver an outstanding experience for clients
● Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
● Passion for continuous learning to ensure the company has access to latest software innovations (i.e. mobile, cloud, analytics, business intelligence, etc.)
● Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Aptitude for building and presenting technical roadmaps and architectures
● Experience working as a part of an engineering team.
● Past Experience working with high-throughput, low-latency systems
● Experience running production systems in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
● Good grasp of async programming and streams, and how to use them efficiently
● Past experience working with PostgreSQL
● Knowledge of basic shell programming, comfortable using the command-line
● Worked with Test/Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD).
● Experience following agile methodologies
● Experience in front-end development
● Prior experience working in a startup
● Spoken English
● Work on cutting edge technology with international impact
● Flexible hours
● Home office
● Stock options based on performance
● Highly relevant career growth opportunities