Wheel the World is an online travel marketplace for travelers with disabilities to find and book accessible trips. We connect travelers with disabilities with the local travel services that can satisfy their special needs.
So far we have understood how to make people with disabilities travel beyond what they thought possible. We have onboard travel experiences in 10 destinations and through an MVP website, we have achieved to impact +600 travelers to book our experiences.
Our goal is to allow millions of people with disabilities travel to thousands of destinations. For that, we need to continue automatizing our operations processes and creating a unique user experience platform that will allow our users to find and book the travel services that satisfy their needs regarding accessibility.
Are you a talented full stack developer? Are you looking to join a startup and do work that is meaningful and will change the world for the better?
We are a travel startup that is allowing people with disabilities travel to places beyond what they thought possible . We have a cool and diverse team, traction, funding, paying customers and are currently part of world leading accelerator programs, such as Google Launchpad, Booking Booster, and Startup Chile. We are looking for a person that is a skilled full stack developer, with the ambition of becoming a CTO, and leading a tech team. Someone who is fun and inspiring to work with and is passionate about our mission. There are a lot of opportunities to further develop your own skills through future enhancements.
The current platform needs to be taken to the next level. The candidate will work closely with the founders, but is expected to work independently to develop our web product that will satisfy our growth needs.
The primary tasks:
– Coordinate and drive the platform development. Lead by example
– Help in defining the technical architecture, system design, and infrastructure
– Outline our short-, medium-, and long-term development road map– and drive it forward
– Balance and prioritize customer requirements, developer resources, and costs with a view to this development road map
– Plan and drive sprints, managing hands-on, and writing code.
– Have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy the challenge of building and growing a platform
– Consider yourself a full-stack developer
– Have an eye for the broader strategic aspects and trends
– Proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
– Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time and to high quality
– Think strategically, but with a bias towards getting stuff done without over-thinking it– Structured, focused, and able to keep to task lists and timelines
– Communicate fluently and effectively in English, internally and with external partners
– Are committed to the job and the growth opportunity in a startup
– Enjoy working as part of a team
– BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, with 4+ years of web development experience