At ITLinux we offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with world-class customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
In our day to day we support platforms processing millions of evens per day, supporting the jobs of millions of people.
We've being helping the most important companies and government institutions for over 10 years, and yes, most of them have 10 years with us.
What we Do:
- We manage and support over 100 mail servers, and thousands of mailboxes every day. Mean uptime: 99,5%
- For a customer we deployed over 2,000 VMs, distributed all across Chile, with a custom made OS.
- What we think is the larger Samba4 as an Active Directory replacement running in Chile, over 15,000 users
- We keep one of the busiest website of Chile always running
- Each time we can, we save a lot of tax payers money just by no extra-charging in our governments deals
The Support Services team is seeking a highly-skilled Technical Support Engineer to join us in Santiago, Chile. In this role, you will provide an excellent customer support experience for our enterprise subscription customers and work on the deployment of core infrastructure.
Proficiency in at least one of following languages, Java, Python, Perl or Ruby:
- 3+ years in systems engineering
- Strong understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code, deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers)
- In depth knowledge & experience of Linux and systems calls
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
- Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
Technologies We Use
- Linux: CentOS, Red Hat, SuSE, Debian, etc.
- Nagios, Hyperic, Nmap, Tcpdump.
- Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy.
- KVM, Docker, AWS, Azure.
- Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Git.
- Ruby, Perl, Python, Rust.
- Expert Linux admin skills, you can recover from an erased disk
- Experience in deploying clustered and elastic systems
- Track record in successfully addressing performance, scalability and latency challenges for demanding applications
- Know one of the following languages: Ruby, Perl, Python, Rust, Go.
- Knowledge of an automation tool like: Ansible, Puppet, Cheft, Salt, etc.
If you think this is the jobs you were looking for, please DO NOT SEND A CV, send a letter instead telling us about you, what do you know, and why we should hire you.
Also include references and contact information.
We offer the typical (Best salary on the market, Health insurance, Retiring money) and:
- Every day you will be frustrated, angry, anxious, happy and extremely proud of your "A Ha moments!".
- Unlimited bugged for eBooks and Web Training.
- Obviously the best computer and phone on the market.
- Extra Display, because Vim needs a nice screen.
- If you want to work from home a couple of days, ok.
- If you are tired and don't feel like working, rest.
- We have no office, we have a home with can also be yours.
- Exciting Projects, and the feeling when you won, specially if the competition was M$.
- Pizza, Beer, water, etc.
And finally: Not Windows, ever.
Acerca de IT Linux
En IT Linux nos dedicamos a desarrollar soluciones tecnológicas basadas en productos que usan como base Linux y Open Source. — Perfil completo de IT Linux